Thursdays: 10am-1pm & 3pm-7pm
Closed July 4th for the holiday.
Closed July 13 for our Culver’s fundraising event.
* The Book Sale will continue all through July. Grab a bag or box of books and leave a free will donation!
* The Super Hero Summer Reading Program continues. No membership necessary and children can continue to sign up anytime during library hours.
* July 13- Come join us at Culvers from 5-8pm. WME Library volunteers will be bussing tables and a portion of the proceeds go to the WME Community Library. Free will donations accepted during this time.
* July 20- Movie night from 5-7:30pm. For children 12 and under, we will be presenting Big Hero 6. For children 13-18, we will be presenting the latest Avengers movie release. Refreshments will provided.
* WME Charter Member Tonia Harris will be raising funds for the library at the local Lakelights Art and Music Festival. Stop by her booth for your own custom poem. All proceeds will go to the WME Community Library.
* Every other Tuesday at 10am, we offer story time for children of all ages.
* Friday, July 17- We are hosting our first Volunteer Workshop from 6pm-8pm. Refreshments will be served.
* August 1st is the last day for Summer Reading Program participants to turn in logs. TBA on our Summer Reading Program celebration party and all participants will be in the drawing for a grand prize (hint: one lucky participant will win a new bike!)
We appreciate your feedback and welcome any questions. You can comment here, email us at email@example.com, or call Tonia Harris at 618-238-9213.
Come celebrate the Grand Opening of the WME (Watson, Mason, Edgewood) Community Library on June 8.
We will be there from 3pm-7pm and kicking off our inaugural Superhero Summer Reading Program.
During our grand opening, we are also available to issue library cards. Cost is $5 per family. The WME Community Library serves citizens of Watson, Mason, Edgewood, and West and Union Townships.
Bring your children to register for their Superhero Reading Adventure. The odyssey begins June 8 and runs until August 1.
(No library card needed. Anyone can participate in library activities.)
Kids will start off with their own Superhero book tote:
Which will include a WME Summer Reading Program calendar of events, and a few other top secret goodies. Scheduled activities include: Story time for children of all ages every other Tuesday at 10am, crafts, a super hero movie night (Big Hero Six for the younger children and the latest Avengers release for the older set), as well as an end-of-summer rewards party. We will have weekly prizes available for all participants who meet their goals, and a drawing for a bicycle at the end of the program.
Our Children’s’/Young Adult section will be open as well as a selection of adult popular fiction and nonfiction. We will also provide two computers, with free internet access, and a printer to the public during library hours.
Other highlights include: Community computer classes and activities for all ages.
This fall, we will be expanding our adult selection as well as creating the very special Willow Tree Children’s Library Lounge, dedicated to the memory of Willow Long. This will feature an inspired mural by local artist Jamie Stang.
Thursdays: 9am-11am & 2pm-7pm
June 27: We will be taking part in the Edgewood Fest Parade. Look for sign up sheets at the grand opening and during regular library hours.
July 13: Fundraiser at Culvers. Come eat from 5-8pm and a portion of the proceeds will go to the library.
August: Trivia Night at the Watson Civic Center (more details coming soon)
Thank you for your time. If you have any questions please comment below, emails us firstname.lastname@example.org, or call Tonia Harris with any questions at the phone number: 618-238-9213.
Spread the word!
Images of a library in progress:
When: Sunday, March 29th
Time: 11am- 3pm
Where: 710 Indiana Street, Edgewood, Illinois 62426
(The old Edgewood Elementary School building)
Cost: $5 (children 3 & under eat for free)
Meal includes choice of soup, peanut butter sandwich, drink, and dessert.
Volunteers are needed, please!
If you are interested in volunteering to help with the supper or donate a baked item for the supper and/or sale, please contact us in the comment section or email us via email@example.com