* How much is a library card?
A library card is $5 for the entire household.
*Who can get a card?
Because, as of now, we are a grassroots library and have no state library affiliations, anyone can come in and register for a library membership card.
* Who can borrow books on my card?
Please, only members listed on your library application. (i.e. members of your household)
*How many items can I check out?
10 items at a time, with a limit of two multimedia items (dvds, audiobooks, etc) per family.
- Library Internet computers are available for use on a first-come first-served basis.
- Patrons are to read the Internet Rules and abide by them. The Library reserves the right to restrict Internet use based on violation of the Internet Rules.
- There is a 1 hour per session limit on the use of the Internet computers. There is a limit of two hours per day, per person. Parents are responsible for children 15 and under using Library Internet computers. There are very limited exceptions to the library’s time limits on the Internet computers.
- The library is not responsible for the content of any materials accessed through the Internet. Parents or guardians, NOT the library or its staff, are responsible for the Internet information selected and/or accessed by their children. Parental supervision of children searching the Internet is advised.
- Inappropriate use of the Internet may result in suspension or revocation of Internet use. The following activities are unacceptable:
- Using the Internet for any purpose which results in the harassment of others.
- Destroying, causing damage to or unauthorized alteration of the library’s computer equipment, software, or security procedures.
- Downloading (FTP) any software to library computers or to an external device.
- Contacting a source which contains lewd, obscene, and/or pornographic material.
- Participating in and/or observing a chat, instant messaging session, and/or social media which contains lewd, obscene, and/or pornographic material.
- Copying a program from the hard drive for personal use–this is a violation of federal law.
- Introducing viruses into the library’s software, databases, or e-mail in any way, re-arranging the computer desktop, or harming any library computers, networks, software, or automation systems in any way.
- Violating federal, state or local laws, including the transmission or receiving of child pornography or harmful material, fraud, or downloading copyrighted material.
- Cost for printing materials from the computer will be $0.25 (twenty-five cents) per page for black and white copies and $0.50 (fifty cents) per page for color copies. No exceptions will be made to this, even if you supply your own paper.
- We do provide free Wi-Fi, but please be aware that patrons participating in any of the above activities listed as unacceptable will have their Wi-Fi privileges revoked as well.
Book Donation Policy
The WME Library is eternally grateful for all the donations we have received thus far. Without your thoughtful contributions, we wouldn’t be able to offer all that we can. With that said, we have now reached the point where we need to be particular in what donations we can now accept.
The WME Library makes every effort to use all donations but not everything donated can be put out. Some items may be resold at a book sale or donated to other worthy causes. All proceeds from any sales are used to purchase new materials for the library.
- Books in good condition – hardcover or paperback, fiction or non-fiction, adult, young adult or children’s
- Books published in the last 5 years
- Recent best sellers
- Classic titles in excellent condition
- Audio cassettes, compact discs, videos, or DVDs in working condition
- Any regional history materials.
All donations are tax deductible. A receipt is available upon request, but please note that the library staff cannot assess the value of your gift.Donations can only be accepted during library hours.
Thank you for your gift to the WME library!
The WME Library always accepts monetary donations or gift cards to bookstores.
~Sorry Encyclopedias cannot be accepted~
The WME Community Library Board